Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Journal #35: War

To be a reporter reporting a war while standing right in the middle of the war is plain stupid. Why would you ever in a million years want to report a war while laying in a trench? You could die. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If I were a reporter (and believe me, I will never be a reporter) I would not go to the center of a war and write little notes about it. That is so dumb. If you are going to go report something right where it is taking place, go write your report at like a chocolate factory or a parade...something fun and not harmful...not in the middle of a war.

Anyways, if I absolutely positively had to go be a reporter in the trenches in the middle of a war, I guess I would most likely write about the war...that is the logical thing to do. I mean I guess I could say how scared I am, or maybe I should try and interview someone while they are right in the middle of fighting someone. That is a terrific idea.

Okay, being serious now...it would be so very scary to be a reporter covering a war with the troops in the trenches. I suppose I could have a gun or something, but only for self defense, I mean, I am not there to actually fight, only to cover a story. It would be a good experience though, and it would be a great story. I could actually write about what it feels, smells, and looks like. Those are all great elements for a story. The sense are what makes a story real and awesome, and I would be able to cover all the senses if I was actually laying right in the middle of my story. I could also write about how all the men are acting and reacting to things, and I could describe what they look like and what they (and I) fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment