Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Journal #40 My Self

Walt Whitman portrays his "self" in all of his poems. Or, it is said that he portrays his "self" in all of his poems, sometimes it is kind of hard to see it. Walt Whitman's "self" is like the everyman. He is religious, and someone that can relate to everyone.

If I had to make up my own "self", which I do because that is what this assignment says to do, I guess I would describe my "self" as follows...

My "self" would include a lot things. I guess I would be somewhat religious, but not as weird crazy so called religious that Whitman is. Whitman is just a very strange man. I do not really like him. My kind of religious would be just to follow the Then Commandments and go to church and do good things for others. I am not really a die hard Christian, and I do not ever want to be a die hard Christian. I believe you should have a religion and believe in something and have faith in God, but I think it is a little inappropriate to go all crazy about it. I especially do not like people who insult other religions and other people's beliefs. People can believe whatever they want. No one has the right to tell other's what they can and cannot believe. I think that is soooo annoying. And yeah, that one "religion" that is all about science is pretty dumb, but I am not going to go tell the people who are apart of that religion that what they believe in is stupid. I, honestly, believe in the scientific formation of the Earth because there is an extremely high possibility that it is true. Maybe God made the certain particles and stuff that all smashed together for the Big Bang Theory. You never know.

My "self" would also include honesty, perseverance, a good attitude, and all of that other good stuff. I really just do not like Whitman or his idea of finding one's "self". I think it is dumb, and I really do not like his "everyman".

No comments:

Post a Comment