Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Journal #10 Science vs. Religion

There are a lot of controversies between science and relgion. One of the biggest controversies is the formation of the earth. The Bible states that the earth was formed in seven days, but science believes in the Big Bang Theory.

According to the Bible, God made the earth in seven days. On the first day God created the heavens and the earth. The heavens include everything outside the earth like outer space. On the second day God created the sky. On the third day God created dry land and plant life. On the fourth day God created the stars and heavenly bodies. On the fifth day God created all the life that lives in the water. On the sixth day God created all the life that lives on dry land and man, and the seventh day was a day of rest.

Scientist believe in the Big Bang Theory. The Big Bang Theory says that the earth was created by a bunch of atoms floating around in space, and all of a sudden, they all line up perfectly and BAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNG! the earth started to form. Honestly, I think that idea is just a little bit stupid.

I actually do not know what I really believe when it comes to religion vs. science. I usually believe more in religion because my family is very Catholic. I grew up learning that the earth was made in seven days by God. I guess that could be true. Honestly there is no way anybody really knows how the earth was formed. I am actually starting to get really frustrated thinking about it. Science vs. religion questions are really deep thinking question. I do not really like to think about them. I do not really want to type anymore about this. Do I have enough words yet? No. Boo.

So pretty much when it comes to science vs. religion I believe more in religion. All the science people are so contradictory, and I think they are annoying. Religion is good. It is good to have faith in something. Like religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment