Friday, September 17, 2010

Journal #8 Proofreading

In class we watched a youtube video about proofreading. The video was called "The The Importence of Proofreading". It was really funny. The video was about a man who was kind of giving a lecture about proofreading, but he was speaking like he was reading from an essay that was not proofread. It was pretty terrible actually. It was funny because of all the mistakes that were in the essay. If you do not proofread your essay you really do sound pretty dumb.

Obviously, proofreading is very important. That was what the man in the video was trying to get across. After typing or writing anything you should proofread it. I will admit, I sometimes do not proofread certain things. I usually do not proofread these blogs, so sorry if they are kind of bad. I just try to get them done in class because I do not want to do them at home. I always proofread my essays though. Well, sometimes I do not proofread my reflections, so sorry if those are kind of bad too. But I do proofread really important papers. Any paper that I know is probably going to be worth a lot of points and stuff I will proofread.

When I proofread papers I usually go over it a few times. I reread everything and make sure the paper flows nicely and that everything is spelled correctly. I also make sure I do not have any "you"s in my essay because you can not have those, and I make sure I do not have any contractions because you can not have those either.

Most teachers say you should have someone else read your paper too. I used to have my mom proofread my papers, but she would always change things a lot and make it all messed up. Usually now I do not have her proofread my papers. Sometimes I might send it to a friend or have one of my older siblings read it. Unfortunately, all my older siblings are out of the house now though, so they can not exactly read it. I used to have my brother read them because he is pretty good at English.

No comments:

Post a Comment