Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Journal #12 Working With A Partner

Sometimes I like to work with a partner. Working with a friend is very fun. Sometimes it depends on what friend you are working with, because you may not get a lot of work done. I am usually a hard working person though, and so are most of my friends, so we can work and talk and stuff at the same time. Usually, when we are working and talking and having fun, the work is done before we know it!

I really do not like working with people that I do not like or do not get along with. No one likes to do that. We usually butt heads or do not have to same ideas. Sometimes I just cannot understand what other people are thinking. It is really hard to do a project or something when you and your partner have totally different ways of thinking.

Middle school was really hardcore when it came to working with partners, especially the ones that you could not pick. I have had some pretty bad groups for projects. I remember one time we had to do a meidivel project in the sixth grade. We had to pick something that was medievel to research. My partner and I chose to do a project about jousting. I am not trying to sound cocky or anything, but I am pretty smart. In middle school I was hugely known for being the smart quiet girl. I still kinda am, but I am not as quiet anymore. I am only quiet around people that I do not know very well. Anyways, my partner was really dumb. I ended up having to do a lot of the work. We had to make a poster, and I am kind of a perfectionist, so I wanted the poster to look perfect. Well, my partner, being pretty dumb and artistically challenged, made the poster look like poo.

I guess the moral of that story is that I just do not work very well with partners. I am a huge perfectionist and I like to do things my way. I am pretty artistic, so artistry and perfectionism mixed together equals me not wanting anyone to do any of the artsy work because I do not want them to ruin it. I especially hate when people mix really ugly colors together. That makes me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment