Friday, October 22, 2010

Journal #17 Bonding With Nature

I like nature. I love all the different seasons. My favorite season is fall, but I have a certain thing I love about each season. I will only tell about I time I bonded with nature in the summer though.

In the summer I love to go to the beach. I love swimming in the ocean and seeing certain things I normally do not get to see everyday. I used to live in Florida, so the ocean also means something to me. It reminds me of my younger childhood, so I feel really good and young when I go back to the beach. I feel like I am a little kid again playing in the sand. The only thing that is different is that I am not afraid of drowning as much, and I can swim a lot better. One of my favorite times at the beach happened this summer. We went to Florida for a wedding for someone we used to be good friends with when we lived in Florida. We stayed in a really nice hotel that was on the beach. That part was awesome because we usually never stay in a nice hotel on the beach. We usually stay in a condo, and it usually is across the street from the beach. We only stayed in a nice hotel though because it was right by the wedding, and we were only there for one or two nights. Anyways, the beach was absolutely amazing. We had our foreign exchange student with us, and she loved it too. The sand was warm, the water was the perfect temperature, and there was even a small reef right off shore.

The reef was the best part of the vacation. It was small, but it was awesome. Really it was just a bunch of rocks and stuff, but there were small tidal pools with all kinds of crabs and cute little fish. It was really cool because the water was not very deep, so I just put on some goggles and swam with the fish! There were two parrot fish that I followed, and I could have touched them but I decided to leave them alone. I was bonding with nature when I was swimming with all those fish because I was swimming with them, but I left them alone and just watched them. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment