Friday, November 5, 2010

Journal #20 Self Reflection

It is important to be self reflexive and take time away from society. When you take time for yourself, you can reflect on many things.

I usually do not get a lot of time for myself because I do a lot of things. During the day I go to school (obviously)so I am not alone there, then I go to work, then after work I have been going to pit band practice, so I do not get home until 8:30ish. Once I get home I have to do homework. Usually if I am going to do any self reflecting, I do it on the weekends. During the school year I am really busy, so during the weekend I like to just hang out at home by myself, or go do something really laid back with my friends. During the weekend I work on bettering myself and catching up on my homework. I usually like to make plans for things I want to do later in life and what I can do now to make that happen. I practice my clarinet a lot on the weekends too.

When I actually do some self reflecting, I do it when I am alone. Usually I just kind of space it while I am doing something, like watching T.V. or doing homework, or even taking a shower. Yes I self reflect while taking a shower, and no, it is not nasty you sicko. It is nice and quiet in the shower because I am away from my family, and no one can disturb me while I am taking a SHOWER.

So yeah self reflection is really good because you can reflect on what you really do value in life. If you have been having a bad week, you can sit and reflect about it, and decide on what you will do next time that you are in the same kind of situation. I love doing some self reflection because it keeps me focused on the things that are really important to me in life. For example, sometimes I feel annoyed when I see couples walking around and stuff, but then I do some self reflecting, and I think to myself, I really do not need that right now because I need to focus on my grades and music to get into college. It is way more important for me to get into any college I want then to have a boyfriend. I have my whole life to have a boyfriend, but right now is the time for me to be preparing for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment