Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Journal # 24: I'm Scared!

During my childhood, there were a lot of times where my mind played tricks on me, and I became scared. As a child, I had a very active and crazy imagination. I remember one time in particular when I got really scared at night. I still lived in Florida, so I was seven or younger. There was not a bathroom near my room, so I had to walk over to my parents room to go to the bathroom. In order to get to their room I had to walk through our living room. Because we lived in Florida we had a lot of windows looking to our backyard (so we could see all the beautiful nature stuff outside). So when I was walking back from the bathroom, for some reason I imagined a wolf with red eyes looking at me, and I ran back to my bed as fast as I could. My mind was obviously playing a trick on me because I am pretty sure there was not a wolf with red eyes in my living room.

Another time I was scared at night was when I moved to Illinois and I got some American Girl Dolls. At night, those things are scary!! I have three American Girl Dolls, Molly, Kaya, and Kailey (I think that is her name). In other words, I have the one that was from WWI or II..not sure, the indian one, and a special edition surfer girl one. At night I would think that they turned their heads to stare at me sleeping, or that they would crawl up onto my bed to get me. I imagined them being like Chuckie Dolls. THAT is why you should not allow your children to watch things that they should not be watching.

Obviously, my dolls were not going to magically come alive to get me during the night. Most children have over-active imaginations, and they imagine that their toys come to life. Things like that can thank Toy Story and other children's movies/books for those false ideas. Don't get me wrong, I love Toy Story, but sometimes I was a little freaked out to be around my toys by myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment