Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fahrenheit 451: Final Thoughts

Fahrenheit 451 was a very interesting book. It took place in the future, so it was interesting to see how the author described this futuristic world. I would personally hate to live in this futuristic world because all they do is watch a lot of TV. I do not even like watching TV now. I would rather be outside or with my friends or reading a book.....READING A BOOK. They do not even like books! They are crazy. The society that Guy Montag lives in burns books. He burns books (because he is a fire fighter..well not really fighter because he makes fires). The society wants everyone to be the same, and that is why they do not like books because they are all so different.

I think whoever is the mayor or president or whatever of Guy Montag's society is just afraid that he will not be the "best". Like, he passes bills and laws to make people all the same so that no one is better then anyone else. That is lame. I think having different statuses of people in the world is good. Like having smart people that make awesome things. That is good. On the other hand it is not good to have poor people and stuff, but they have poor people in Fahrenheit 451 too!

I thought some parts of the novel were a little sketchy. Some of it was scary too. The mechanical dog was definitely scary. I did not like that thing, and I definitely did not like how it kept stalking Guy Montag throughout the whole book. That was weird.

So anyways, I thought the book was alright. It definitely was not the best book I have ever read. That's for sure. It was not my favorite out of the list of books we had to read either. If I had to choose a favorite right now I guess I would still say that I liked Their Eyes Were Watching God the best. The Catcher in the Rye was pretty good too because it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment