Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Journal #27 Persistence

Being persistent is very important. You have to be persistent in many aspects in life. Well, you pretty much have to be persistent in everything to excel. If you become really lazy your not being persistent. Right now, I am feeling really super lazy, so this blog sounds really dumb because I am not being persistent with my ideas.

Persistence helps you to be the best you can be. You are not going to be a good piano player when you first start, but if you are persistent with your practicing, you will eventually get better. I play the piano, clarinet, and saxophone. I only take clarinet lessons right now, and I am the best at the clarinet. Because I am not persistent in practicing the piano or saxophone, I am not the best at them. I used to take piano lessons for a very long time. I am still really good at the piano, but I just do not have a lot of time to teach myself new songs. I do not really care about the saxophone because it is really easy to play and it is pretty crappy. Anyone could play the saxophone. The clarinet, I would say, takes the longest to master out of these three instruments. There are a lot of different things you can do with the clarinet, and it often has the melody. The clarinet also plays a lot of crazy runs and stuff in really fast pieces, so you have to be pretty good to be able to do that. I heard somewhere that the clarinet is like the violin of bands.

Anyways...I am not being very persistent with my blog because I got totally side tracked talking about instruments. Bad. One thing people in school should be persistent with is trying hard in school. Believe me, I know it really stinks to study all the time and do homework all the time. I am the queen of laziness and procrastination. I hate doing homework, I hate studying for tests, but I complain when I get bad grades. It is all my fault if I get bad grades, and it is all a fact of me being super lazy and not persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment