Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal 30 Uniforms

According to most Pleasant Plains students, we should not have uniforms. Thankfully, our school does not make us wear uniforms, so the students of Pleasant Plains are happy.

A poll was taken from 20 Pleasant Plains students. 18 said they do not want to have school uniforms, and 2 said that they would like to have school uniforms. When asked why the students would not want to have a school uniform, one student answered, "wearing our own clothes can give us a sense of uniqueness, we can be ourselves". Another student said, "I like to just get up in the morning and put on a pair of sweats and be comfortable for the day. I do not want to have to wear a skirt and blouse all day and feel very uncomfortable".

When a student who was for school uniforms was asked why they wanted school uniforms the student said, "I do not want to have to plan my outfit everyday and worry about what people think about my outfit." The other student said, "I am just too lazy to pick out something to wear for the day, I would rather have something preplanned for me."

My opinion is that I do not really care if we have school uniforms or not. I agree with both sides of the argument. I have been to a school where I had to wear a uniform, and I go to a school now where I do not have to wear a uniform. There are pros and cons to each side of the argument. If you do not wear a uniform to school, you can wear ALMOST whatever you want, and you can express your individuality. Not wearing a uniform can lead to people judging you on what you wear and look like as opposed to who you are and what your personality is like.

If you have to wear a uniform to school, you will most likely not get made fun of because of what you are wearing. Most people wear almost the same exact thing. A downside is that you have to buy your uniforms along with regular clothes for everyday use, so it costs more money. You may also not get a certain outfit for every day of the week, so you may have to do your laundry more often. You also cannot express yourself through your clothes unless you are allowed to wear a cool cami or headband or socks or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment