Friday, January 21, 2011

Journal #33 Horseshoes

Sooo the horseshoe's origin is right here in Illinois. When I say horseshoe I know you are thinking about a legit horseshoe that goes on the bottom of a horse's foot, but I am not. The horseshoe is a type of food that is served in same restaurants pretty much only in Illinois. A horseshoe consists of a hamburger patty, fries, and a piece of bread. The bread goes on the bottom, then comes the hamburger patty, then the fries, and on top of the fries is a whole bunch of melted cheese. You may think this type of food sounds absolutely disgusting, and frankly, it is, but some Illinois-ians seem to like it.

You do not have to have a hamburger horseshoe. Some restaurants serve all kinds of horseshoes including pork, turkey, ham, chicken, and alligator....okay maybe not alligator. There are even certain toppings you can put on your horseshoe. I do not really know what they are because I do not really like horseshoes, but I am pretty sure that you can have like a buffalo chicken horseshoe with like hot sauce and stuff on it and peppers and stuff too. I do not really know.

If you are not daring enough to eat a whole horseshoe, there are ponyshoes for all the little tykes out there. Ponyshoes are just a smaller, less heart burning, type of horseshoe. They are delicious...yum!!

Now I do not know if you can detect my sarcasm in this little blog here, but, I must say, sometimes I do like a little ponyshoe every now and then. Pretty much the only ponyshoes that I like are served at my school. That is right. My school actually serves something that is pretty delicious. Watch out though because the pony/horseshoes get cold pretty fast due to all the cheese on top. Yeah, the cheese gets cold fast which makes the pony/horseshoe get cold fast.

So come on down to good old Illinois and try yourself a deliciously heart attack provoking, artery clogging, stomach upsetting horseshoe! It will be totally worth your money!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment