Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Journal #32 Memoir

So we are supposed to write a memoir of our experiences over winter break. We have been back to school for about three-ish weeks now, and frankly, I just can not remember what I do over winter break. I do remember what I did on New Years though, since it is the closest thing to today that happened over winter break. Since I have a pretty good picture of what I did not New Years in my head, I will tell the truth about what I did, but I will twist the story a little so it is more interesting. You can decide what is the truth and what is fake.

New Years Eve. I wake up around 1 PM, and go into the basement to watch TV. Hopefully my family did not see me sneak down so then I will not have to do any chores around the house. After watching a few of my favorite episodes of Tosh.0 I sneak back upstairs to take a shower. I get dressed then I go downstairs to eat some lunch. I am meeting my friends Haley, Lauren, and Mallorie at Mallorie's house around 6, and then we are going to Haley's boyfriends work. Haley's boyfriend Josh works at a Chinese restaurant, and he does not get off work until 8. All of us girls make it to the restaurant, and a few minutes later Mallorie's boyfriend Jared shows up with our friends Collin and Ethan. The boys and Mallorie get something to eat at the Chinese restaurant, but the rest of us do not. Once everyone is done eating we leave to meet everyone at Jared's house. The boys (except for Josh who is still working) go straight to Jared's house, but us girls stop at McDonald's next door because we do not like Chinese food. After we are done eating we go to Jared's house. We arrive at Jared's house, and we all go in the basement. I decide that we should play some video games because there are not any other fun things to do. We play a racing game on Jared's Nintendo 64.

After some intense playing, Josh finally shows up. We decide to leave Jared's house and have an adventure in his backyard. There is a small park behind his house. All of a sudden we are in an unknown jungle full of wild animals some still not known to man. Our clothes have turned into safari attire, and we all have some type of gun to kill any animal that wants to eat us. We explore the jungle and fight a lot of animals.....

My memoir is over, so here is the epiphany. The epiphany of this story is that this story is dumb. I have realized that no one wants to read this, I do not even want to read this, so I will stop while I am ahead. I have learned from this experience because hopefully next time (if I ever have to write about "epiphanies" again) I will not write about something so boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment